Tabriz Design Vintage Rug – 334 x 247cm
|Size in cm|
334 x 247
|Size in feet|
11.1 x 8.1
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
Hand woven in Iran
Tabriz is situated in the northwest of Iran close to the Russian (Azerbaijan) and the Turkish border.
Tabriz carpets come almost exclusively woven on vertical looms from the city and their surroundings and woven by experienced weavers in private houses where often the proud weaver and designer weave his or her name on the carpet.
The Turkish knot is almost always used (the population of Tabriz is Turkish by race and language).
These Tabriz Vintage rugs play a very important role in Persian carpet production. Tabriz rugs are amongst the most sought after rugs by Persians for their houses and interiors.
Some of the most common designs are Mahi (Fish) taken from the Persian gardens. Other designs are floral, often with a central medallion. Some have more silk than others and the finest are woven onto silk foundations (silk fringes)
- Persian Qashgai / Kashgai Rug – 297 x 212cmRead more
- Persian Shiraz Rug – 305 x 220cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Grey£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Garous / Zieglar Rug – 376 x 283cmRead more
- Vintage Royal Rug – 341 x 304cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Black£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options