Tabriz Circular / Circle Rug 198 x 198cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
198 x 198
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
Tabriz is situated in the northwest of Iran close to the Russian (Azerbaijan) and the Turkish border.
Tabriz carpets come almost exclusively woven on vertical looms from the city and their surroundings and woven by experienced weavers in private houses where often the proud weaver and designer weave his or her name on the carpet.
The Turkish knot is almost always used (the population of Tabriz is Turkish by race and language).
Tabriz carpets play a very important role in Persian carpet production. Tabriz rugs are amongst the most sought after rugs by Persians for their houses and interiors.
Some of the most common designs are Mahi (Fish) taken from the Persian gardens. Other designs are floral, often with a central medallion. Some have more silk than others and the finest are woven onto silk foundations (silk fringes)
- Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cmRead more
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Black£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more