Red Afghan Rug 275 x 187cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
275 x 185
|Size in feet|
9 x 6
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Afghanistan
The Turkoman people of Afghanistan, particularly the Ersari tribe ,have been weaving Turkmen rugs for centuries.
Rich dark reds in hand or machine spun wool with various designs among them, the very famous Bokhara or the Elephent foot is the characteristic of such classical rugs.
In recent years mainly in the north of Afghanistan bordering Turkmenistan, they have been reviving their old designs by making rugs called Khal Mohamadi( the name of the first person who started the production) or the Ersari Designs.
These rugs are made of various quality of wool from the normal handspun to a very fine machine spun called Belgique. They represent a true durable Afghan rug and are of very good value.
- Shirvan Design Rug 345 x 205cm£4,500.00 Add to cart
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Isfahan Rug 460 x 322cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart