Persian Tabriz Mahi Rug Silk With Silk Highlights – 245 x 173cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
245 x 173
|Size in feet|
7.9 x 5.6
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 720,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Tabriz is situated in the northwest of Iran close to the Russian (Azerbaijan) and the Turkish border.
Tabriz carpets come almost exclusively woven on vertical looms from the city and their surroundings and woven by experienced weavers in private houses where often the proud weaver and designer weave his or her name on the carpet.
The Turkish knot is almost always used (the population of Tabriz is Turkish by race and language).
Tabriz carpets play a very important role in Persian carpet production. Tabriz rugs are amongst the most sought after rugs by Persians for their houses and interiors.
Some of the most common designs are Mahi (Fish) taken from the Persian gardens. Other designs are floral, often with a central medallion. Some have more silk than others and the finest are woven onto silk foundations (silk fringes)
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 240 x 176cm£2,750.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Nain Circular / Circle Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart