Persian Shiraz Super Rug – 303 x 211cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
303 x 211
|Size in feet|
9' 9" x 6' 9"
100% Wool pile based on wool foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 180,000 Knots in 1sq meter
The city of Shiraz with its gardens, tombs of the poets and the ancient Persepolis, is situated in the Fars province in central Iran which lead to the name of the country Persia, today’s Iran.
Around the city resides the Kashgai ( Qashkai) nomads and their carpets are traded in the giant Shiraz bazaar; sometimes under its own name and sometimes under the name Shiraz.
Shiraz carpet, handmade both by nomads and residents in simple and geometric designs are woven around the city of Shiraz in wool pile and foundation. Using local dyed good quality wool in traditional nomadic design allows them to represent a good value for an individual nomadic handmade Persian Carpets
- Persian Bakhtiar Rug 398 x 325Read more
- Persian Isfahan Rug 460 x 322cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 240 x 176cm£2,750.00 Add to cart
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Keshan Design Rug 246 x 159cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Grey£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options