Persian Shahrbabak Rug – 164 x 123cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
164 x 123
|Size in feet|
5.38 x 4.03
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 260,000 Knots in 1sq meter
A small town in south of Iran near the historical city of Yazd and west of Kirman .
It is one of the ancients town in Iran and the name means Father of Babak , which relates to Ardeshir Babakan, from Sasanian Dynesty circa 200 AD , approx 1800 years ago.
The majority of the population is from Afshar nomadic tribes who originally migrated to that area hence the geometric design , often with small animals is noticeable.
The designs and the motifs are extremely creative and varies from paisley, medallion , Caucasian and even bouquet flower designs and are considered true work of art.
Often woven on cotton foundation, the wool is generally soft but at the same time hard wearing and dyed locally in a mixture of vegetable and aniline dyes.
They are extremely decorative and make ones home very special.
- Persian Bidjar Rug 388 x 207cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Rug£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 241 x 168cm£1,000.00 Add to cart
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Rug 241 x 164cm£950.00 Add to cart