Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
296 x 246
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
The Persian carpet is an essential part of Persian art and culture. Carpet-weaving is undoubtedly one of the most distinguished manifestations of Persian culture and art, and dates back to ancient Persia. Iran is also the world’s largest producer and exporter of handmade carpets, producing three quarters of the world’s total output.
The art of carpet weaving existed in Iran in ancient times, according to evidence such as the 2500-year-old Pazyryk carpet, dating back to 500 B.C., during the Achaemenid period.
Wool is the most common material for carpets but cotton is frequently used for the foundation of city and workshop carpets. There are a wide variety in types of wool used for weaving.
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart
- Persian Yalameh Rug – 163 x 105cmRead more
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Persian Shahrbabak Rug – 150 x 115cmRead more