Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cm
296 x 246
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
The Persian carpet is an essential part of Persian art and culture. Carpet-weaving is undoubtedly one of the most distinguished manifestations of Persian culture and art, and dates back to ancient Persia. Iran is also the world’s largest producer and exporter of handmade carpets, producing three quarters of the world’s total output.
The art of carpet weaving existed in Iran in ancient times, according to evidence such as the 2500-year-old Pazyryk carpet, dating back to 500 B.C., during the Achaemenid period.
Wool is the most common material for carpets but cotton is frequently used for the foundation of city and workshop carpets. There are a wide variety in types of wool used for weaving.
- Keshan Design Rug 246 x 159cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Persian Nain Silk 693 x 425cm£198,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Bakhtiar Rug 395 x 310cmRead more
- Sale!Shirvan Design Rug 212 x 137cm
£1,200.00Add to cart