Persian Qum Pure Silk Runner – 292 x 73cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
292 x 73
|Size in feet|
9.5 x 2.3
100 % Silk
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 420,000 Knots in 1sm
The holy city of Qum (Ghom) in central Persia near Tehran is noted for its silk rugs, which at their best are considered the epitome of contemporary Persian silk carpet weaving.
Silk is considered the most luxurious of materials to weave with, but its fineness of thread allows for extremely complex weaving of the highest quality.
There are many types of designs of Qum rugs: central or traditional medallion, ‘Shah Abbas’, vase, boteh and the ‘panelled garden’ made famous in Bakhtiari carpets. Highly prized also, are the pictorial rugs which feature birds and animals.
Qum’s are particularly fine rugs with some rugs having 600 or more knots per sq. inch. The foundations are always usually silk and our woven only by skilled weavers who often weave their name into the carpet.
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Bidjar Rug 388 x 207cmRead more
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 290 x 205cm£2,800.00 Add to cart