Persian Nain Rug with Silk Highlights – 354 x 252cm (Copy)
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
354 x 252
|Size in feet|
11.6 x 8.2
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 420,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Nain is a small town some 70 Km. away from the historical city of Isfahan where they adopted the art of carpet weaving around the turn of the century.
They are regarded as some of the finest quality using fine wool and silk, woven onto very fine cotton warp and weft.
One can distinguish how fine the Nain carpets are by counting the number of layers in a thread in one of the fringes of the carpet . The quality is classified as 6La and 9La, where “La” in farsi
( Iranian language) means layer. The lower the number the finer and higher density the knots .
The designs are generally taken from the beautiful blue and white tiled mosques. Silk is often used in the outlines to give a more luxurious and to enhance the decoration.
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 309 x 241cm£4,800.00 Add to cart
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart