Persian Nain Rug 97 x 62 cm
1 in stock
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
Nain is a small town some 70 Km. away from the historical city of Isfahan where they adopted the art of carpet weaving around the turn of the century.
They are regarded as some of the finest quality using fine wool and silk, woven onto very fine cotton warp and weft.
One can distinguish how fine the Nain carpets are by counting the number of layers in a thread in one of the fringes of the carpet . The quality is classified as 6La and 9La, where “La” in farsi
( Iranian language) means layer. The lower the number the finer and higher density the knots .
The designs are generally taken from the beautiful blue and white tiled mosques. Silk is often used in the outlines to give a more luxurious and to enhance the decoration.
- Persian Nain Part Silk Signed by Habibian – 315 x 218cmRead more
- Persian Nain 6 La Rug with Silk Highlights – 255 x 205cmRead more
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Persian Nain Rug with Silk Highlights – 344 x 201cmRead more
- Nain Circular / Circle Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Persian Nain Rug with Silk Highlights – 354 x 252cmRead more