Persian Nain Circular Rug Part Silk – 117 x 117cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
117 x 117
|Size in feet|
3.8 x 3.8
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
Nain is a small town some 70 Km. away from the historical city of Isfahan where they adopted the art of carpet weaving around the turn of the century.
They are regarded as some of the finest quality using fine wool and silk, woven onto very fine cotton warp and weft.
One can distinguish how fine the Nain carpets are by counting the number of layers in a thread in one of the fringes of the carpet . The quality is classified as 6La and 9La, where “La” in farsi
( Iranian language) means layer. The lower the number the finer and higher density the knots .
The designs are generally taken from the beautiful blue and white tiled mosques. Silk is often used in the outlines to give a more luxurious and to enhance the decoration.
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Persian Bidjar Rug 388 x 207cmRead more
- Persian Mahal Rug 418 x 381cmRead more
- Nain Circular / Circle Rug 305 x 305cmRead more