Persian Lori Rug – 608 x 175cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
608 x 175
|Size in feet|
19.9 x 5.7
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
The Persian carpet is an essential part of Persian art and culture. Carpet-weaving is undoubtedly one of the most distinguished manifestations of Persian culture and art, and dates back to ancient Persia.
Iran is also the world’s largest producer and exporter of handmade carpets, producing three quarters of the world’s total output.
The art of carpet weaving existed in Iran in ancient times, according to evidence such as the 2500-year-old Pazyryk carpet, dating back to 500 B.C., during the Achaemenid period.
Wool is the most common material for carpets but cotton is frequently used for the foundation of city and workshop carpets. There are a wide variety in types of wool used for weaving.
- Garous Zieglar Design Red Rug£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Red Border£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Gabbeh Large Rug 525 x 410cm£8,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 418 x 381cmRead more