Persian Antique Khamseh Kashgai Rug Circa 1920 – 190 x 142cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
190 x 142
|Size in feet|
6.2 x 4.6
100% Wool pile based on wool foundation
|Condition & Age|
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 180,000 Knots in 1sq meter
The city of Shiraz with its gardens, tombs of the poets and the ancient Persepolis, is situated in the Fars province in central Iran which lead to the name of the country Persia, today’s Iran.
Around the city resides the Kashgai ( Qashkai) nomads and their carpets are traded in the giant Shiraz bazaar; sometimes under its own name and sometimes under the name Shiraz.
Shiraz carpet, handmade both by nomads and residents in simple and geometric designs are woven around the city of Shiraz in wool pile and foundation.
They represent a good value for an individual nomadic handmade Persian carpet.
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 345 x 205cm£4,500.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Persian Mahal Rug 418 x 381cmRead more