Persian Kashkouli Rug – 140 x 106cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
140 x 106
|Size in feet|
4.5 x 3.5
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
The land of Fars, the land of original Persian should require no introduction. It is a large region located at the southern end of Iranian Plateau, consisting of elevated plains in the midst of bare rugged mountains that stretch all the way to the coastal lowlands of northern Persian Gulf.
All through the ages, the inhabitants of Fars have been not only city-and-town-dwellers and villagers: the population has also included a host of nomadic tribes who have trekked with their families and animals twice annually from their warmer winter pastures in the southern lowlands to the cooler summer grounds in the northern highlands.
Among the artefacts produced in the tribes through the process of weaving, the carpet is the most important.
Each tribe has their own design and weaving technique and among them. Kashkouli is one of the main tribes which are known for their weaving skill in producing the finest and most durable and valuable nomadic carpets in this area.
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Kazak Rug 290 x 205cm£2,800.00 Add to cart
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Tabriz Circular / Circle Rug 198 x 198cmRead more