Persian Isfahan Silk Rug Signed Nael Abailable – 370 x 259cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
370 x 259
|Size in feet|
12.1 x 8.3
100 % Silk
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
The spiritual home of the floral medallion is probably Isfahan. It was here that Shah Abbas established his court in 1595. It is here that the magnificent mosques are adorned with brilliant blue and gold tiles that inspired the patterns for the covered grounds of floral carpets.
Made from fine local wools and generally woven onto silk warps and weft threads, the most striking feature of many of there designs is the roundness of the central medallion and it’s subdivision into eight or sixteen elaborate segments like a compass rose or star. This is one of the features the carpets share with the designs of the mosques.
Isfahans vary in quality but generally the finer weave often uses silk in the outlines of the design.
- Shirvan Design Rug 345 x 205cm£4,500.00 Add to cart
- Tabriz Circular / Circle Rug 198 x 198cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Gabbeh Large Rug 525 x 410cm£8,000.00 Add to cart
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Kazak Rug 298 x 207cm£2,800.00 Add to cart