Persian Heriz Rug Circa 1920 – 336 x 259cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
336 x 259
|Size in feet|
11 x 8.4
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 260,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Heriz rugs are Persian rugs from the area of Heris, East Azerbaijan in northwest Iran, northeast of Tabriz. Such rugs are produced in the village of the same name in the slopes of Mount Sabalan. The weavers are of Turkic speaking similar to the rest of Azerbaijan.
Heriz carpets are durable and hard-wearing and they can last for generations. 19th and 20th. Century examples of Heriz rug are much sought after by decorator and designer due to the simplicity , bold geometric patterns with a large medallion dominating the field. Such designs are traditional and often woven from memory.
The wool is often handspun using local dyes which in time would become soft and muted.
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Persian Bidjar Rug 388 x 207cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 309 x 241cm£4,800.00 Add to cart