Persian Gholtog Rug – 155 x 103cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
155 x 103
|Size in feet|
5 x 3.3
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
Bidjar is the name of a small Kurdish town in western Iran. Kurdish carpets are often very strong and compact, which makes them extremely durable. The name Bidjar denotes the meaning of durability to many carpet specialists. High quality wool in red, blue with beige colours is generally used.
The most common pattern is the Herati (also called fish pattern), They have a sober elegance and fit in most environments. Their durability makes the carpets very suitable for public environments where there is heavy traffic.
The older generation was made in an area called Garous where more open and bolder designs were used.
In recent years a small production has been made using the old designs in the same traditional way using high quality handspun wool and dyes to revive the very sought after durable Bidjar rugs. We have named them as Bidjar veg dyes.
Since nothing in terms of quality and workmanship has been spared, they are known as one of highest quality and most attractive rugs from that area.
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Persian Bidjar Rug 388 x 207cmRead more
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Blue£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Persian Mahal Rug 418 x 381cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Rug£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options