Persian Fine Tabriz Rug Part Silk- 595 x 400cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
595 x 400
|Size in feet|
19.5 x 13.1
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 550,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Tabriz is situated in the northwest of Iran close to the Russian (Azerbaijan) and the Turkish border.
Tabriz carpets come almost exclusively woven on vertical looms from the city and their surroundings and woven by experienced weavers in private houses where often the proud weaver and designer weave his or her name on the carpet.
The Turkish knot is almost always used (the population of Tabriz is Turkish by race and language).
Tabriz carpets play a very important role in Persian carpet production. Tabriz rugs are amongst the most sought after rugs by Persians for their houses and interiors.
Some of the most common designs are Mahi (Fish) taken from the Persian gardens. Other designs are floral, often with a central medallion. Some have more silk than others and the finest are woven onto silk foundations (silk fringes)
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 298 x 207cm£2,800.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cmRead more