Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cm
|Size in cm|
305 x 305
|Size in feet|
10 x 10
Wool & Silk based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
Nain is a small town some 70 Km. away from the historical city of Isfahan where they adopted the art of carpet weaving around the turn of the century.
They are regarded as some of the finest quality using fine wool and silk, woven onto very fine cotton warp and weft.
One can distinguish how fine the Nain carpets are by counting the number of layers in a thread in one of the fringes of the carpet . The quality is classified as 6La and 9La, where “La” in farsi
( Iranian language) means layer. The lower the number the finer and higher density the knots .
The designs are generally taken from the beautiful blue and white tiled mosques. Silk is often used in the outlines to give a more luxurious and to enhance the decoration.
- Bokhara Handmade Rug 180 x 120 cm£250.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 213 x 146£1,500.00 Add to cart
- Sale!Shirvan Design Rug 212 x 137cm
£1,200.00Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 190 x 149cm£1,400.00 Add to cart
- Persian Kashgai / Qashgai Rug 123 x 88cm£225.00 Add to cart
- Persian Nain Silk 693 x 425cmRead more