Kirshehir – 175 x 102cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
175 x 102
|Size in feet|
5.74 x 3.35
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
|Number of Knots|
Approx 160,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Kirshehir rugs, are woven in central turkey in a city called Kirshehir. Each rug is individually woven by villagers surrounding the city. The rugs are in rich colors with good quality wool in geometric designs often in prayer designs.
They use bright colors using natural vegetable dyes such as madder for red, walnut husk for brown and etc which in time would become lighter and more muted shade.
As for the design, on the upper part of each prayer rug you would see a niche or mihrab, the mihrab is meant to be pointed towards Mecca during prayer.
They represent good value for the quality and workmanship.
- Kazak Rug 298 x 207cm£2,800.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 190 x 149cm£1,400.00 Add to cart
- Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Design Rug Beige£750.00 – £5,900.00 Select options
- Garous Zieglar Rug 241 x 168cm£1,000.00 Add to cart