Kerman Vintage Design Rug – 377 x 280cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
377 x 280
|Size in feet|
12.3 x 9.1
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Hand woven in Iran
The Persian carpet is an essential part of Persian art and culture. Carpet-weaving is undoubtedly one of the most distinguished manifestations of Persian culture and art, and dates back to ancient Persia.
Iran is also the world’s largest producer and exporter of handmade carpets, producing three quarters of the world’s total output.
The art of carpet weaving existed in Iran in ancient times, according to evidence such as the 2500-year-old Pazyryk carpet, dating back to 500 B.C., during the Achaemenid period.
Wool is the most common material for carpets but cotton is frequently used for the foundation of city and workshop carpets. There are a wide variety in types of wool used for weaving.
- Persian Baharlou Rug – 143 x 100cmRead more
- Keshan Rug Red£550.00 – £2,800.00 Select options
- Persian Bidjar Rug – 161 x 105cmRead more
- Caucasian Gharabagh Rug Circa 1930 – 596 x 206cm£14,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Bakthiar Rug 624 x 400cm£36,500.00 Add to cart
- Persian Qum Rug – 300 x 209cmRead more