Antique Kashgai Rug Circa 1910- 578 x 210cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
578 x 210
|Size in feet|
18.9 x 6.8
|Condition & Age|
Hand woven in Iran
These are the largest nomadic tribes in central Iran that still migrate the ancient routes, some 800 km twice a year with their families, animals, tents and other belonging.
Weaving carpets and kilims in their traditional designs that have been passed on from previous generations have always been part of their daily life.
Kilims with geometric designs and vibrant colours have been used daily to cover their belongings inside the tent and on the floor as it is light and practical. Mostly use their own local wool which they often sheer themselves and use a mixture of vegetable dyes that results to vibrant irregular beautiful shades.
Today the majority of Kashgai Kilims are made by the same nomads that are now settled around the ancient city of Shiraz where they make more regular and practical sizes.
It is widely considered that they are some of the most creative and artistic people in terms of the variety of designs, colours which they generally get inspired by their surroundings.
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Keshan Design Rug 246 x 159cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart