Karabakh Design Kilim Rug – 342 x 235cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
342 x 235
|Size in feet|
11.2 x 7.7
Hand woven in Iran
These are the largest nomadic tribes in central Iran that still migrate the ancient routes, some 800 km twice a year with their families, animals, tents and other belonging.
Weaving carpets and kilims in their traditional designs that have been passed on from previous generations have always been part of their daily life.
Kilims with geometric designs and vibrant colours have been used daily to cover their belongings inside the tent and on the floor as it is light and practical. Mostly use their own local wool which they often sheer themselves and use a mixture of vegetable dyes that results to vibrant irregular beautiful shades.
Today the majority of Kashgai Kilims are made by the same nomads that are now settled around the ancient city of Shiraz where they make more regular and practical sizes.
It is widely considered that they are some of the most creative and artistic people in terms of the variety of designs, colours which they generally get inspired by their surroundings.
- Gabbeh Large Rug 525 x 410cm£8,000.00 Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 290 x 205cm£2,800.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 345 x 205cm£4,500.00 Add to cart
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 309 x 241cm£4,800.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart