Persian Heriz Rug – 440 x 120cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
440 x 120
|Size in feet|
14.4 x 3.9
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 160,000 Knots in 1sq meter
The Persian carpet is an essential part of Persian art and culture. Carpet-weaving is undoubtedly one of the most distinguished manifestations of Persian culture and art, and dates back to ancient Persia.
Iran is also the world’s largest producer and exporter of handmade carpets, producing three quarters of the world’s total output.
The art of carpet weaving existed in Iran in ancient times, according to evidence such as the 2500-year-old Pazyryk carpet, dating back to 500 B.C., during the Achaemenid period.
Wool is the most common material for carpets but cotton is frequently used for the foundation of city and workshop carpets. There are a wide variety in types of wool used for weaving.
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Tabriz Circular / Circle Rug 198 x 198cmRead more
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart