Gabbeh Rug 297 x 211cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
297 x 211
|Size in feet|
9.74 x 6.92
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 100,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Gabbeh/Baharlou (from the Persian language farsi; raw, natural, uncut) represents a thick high pile nomadic carpet with patterns mostly made by Kashgai tribes from the Fars province in the southwest of Iran. They are mainly woven in handspun wool, in the pile, warp and the weft, using mostly vegetable dyes.
The patterns of the carpet are of a simple type with only a few elements of decorative objects.
One needs to distinguish the Persian Gabbeh from other types or copies made elsewhere since, the wool is more luster and is of higher and more durable quality.
- Persian Senneh Rug 296 x 246 cmRead more
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Shirvan Design Rug 302 x 239cm£3,500.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Kazak Rug 190 x 149cm£1,400.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart