Gabbeh Rug 252 x 185cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
252 x 185
|Size in feet|
8.27 x 6.07
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 100,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Gabbeh/Baharlou (from the Persian language farsi; raw, natural, uncut) represents a thick high pile nomadic carpet with patterns mostly made by Kashgai tribes from the Fars province in the southwest of Iran. They are mainly woven in handspun wool, in the pile, warp and the weft, using mostly vegetable dyes.
The patterns of the carpet are of a simple type with only a few elements of decorative objects.
One needs to distinguish the Persian Gabbeh from other types or copies made elsewhere since, the wool is more luster and is of higher and more durable quality.
- Kazak Rug 290 x 205cm£2,800.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 418 x 381cmRead more
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 240 x 176cm£2,750.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart