Antique Sarab Runner Circa 1930 – 319 x 85cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
319 x 85
|Size in feet|
10.4 x 2.7
100% Wool pile based on wool foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Iran
|Number of Knots|
Approx 180,000 Knots in 1sq meter
Sarab is a town located between two mountains in north west of Iran some 130 Km from Tabriz .
The population in Persian Azerbaijan province speak Turkish which is slightly different from their neighbouring country Azerbaijan which was part of Iran during Qajar dynasty before they signed the famous Turkmanchi treaty in 1828 after several wars with Russians which divided Azerbaijana into two parts .
In general Azerbaijan is famous and known for their geometric design rugs.
Sarab near Sabalan mountain is no exception and as it is one of the oldest and historic settlements of Azarbijan, they have been making rugs mostly, beautiful runners in various sizes in lighter background colours in vegetable dyed wool. The designs are also similar to Heriz and Bakhshayesh rugs and have light, rather bright colour pallets.
- Nain Circular / Circle Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Kazak Rug 190 x 149cm£1,400.00 Add to cart
- Garous Zieglar Rug 262 x 188cm£2,000.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 240 x 176cm£2,750.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 259 x 188cm£3,100.00 Add to cart
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart