Antique Red Afghan Rug Circa 1940 – 665 x 344cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
665 x 344
|Size in feet|
21.8 x 11.2
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Afghanistan
The Turkoman people of Afghanistan, particularly the Ersari tribe ,have been weaving Turkmen rugs for centuries.
Rich dark reds in hand or machine spun wool with various designs among them, the very famous Bokhara or the Elephent foot is the characteristic of such classical rugs.
In recent years mainly in the north of Afghanistan bordering Turkmenistan, they have been reviving their old designs by making rugs called Khal Mohamadi( the name of the first person who started the production) or the Ersari Designs.
These rugs are made of various quality of wool from the normal handspun to a very fine machine spun called Belgique. They represent a true durable Afghan rug and are of very good value.
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 255 x 183cm£3,000.00 Add to cart
- Nain Circular Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Persian Mahal Rug 674 x 220cm£11,750.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 240 x 176cm£2,750.00 Add to cart
- Keshan Design Rug 246 x 159cmRead more