Afghan Khal Mohamedi Fine Rug – 395 x 303cm
|Dimensions||50395562 × 50394361 cm|
|Size in cm|
395 x 303
|Size in feet|
12.9 x 9.9
100% Wool pile based on cotton foundation
|Condition & Age|
Perfect, full pile
Hand woven in Afghanistan
|Number of Knots|
Approx 160,000 Knots in 1sq meter
The Turkoman people of Afghanistan, particularly the Ersari tribe ,have been weaving Turkmen rugs for centuries.
Rich dark reds in hand or machine spun wool with various designs among them, the very famous Bokhara or the Elephent foot is the characteristic of such classical rugs.
In recent years mainly in the north of Afghanistan bordering Turkmenistan, they have been reviving their old designs by making rugs called Khal Mohamadi( the name of the first person who started the production) or the Ersari Designs.
These rugs are made of various quality of wool from the normal handspun to a very fine machine spun called Belgique. They represent a true durable Afghan rug and are of very good value.
- Nain Circular / Circle Rug 305 x 305cmRead more
- Aubusson Design 105£2,500.00 – £11,000.00 Select options
- Nain Silk Rug 875 x 500cmRead more
- Afghan Aqcha Red Rug£650.00 – £900.00 Select options
- Shirvan Design Rug 345 x 205cm£4,500.00 Add to cart
- Garous Mamluk Design Rug 192 x 163cm£2,000.00 Add to cart